Skip to Content


Graduate students may request an Incomplete for non-academic reasons, which shall be entered by the instructor of record, or another officer of the University with the instructor’s permission, when Final Grades are submitted. The student must be passing the class at the time of the request to be granted an Incomplete. The last date of attendance must be recorded when Final Grades are entered. Students must complete the Incomplete by either midterm of the next semester if they are enrolled for that semester or within 12 months if they are not enrolled before the expiration of that 12-month period. It is the student’s responsibility to complete the course and to contact the instructor of record to plan the completion of course work and to have the Incomplete removed from his or her permanent record. An Incomplete will revert to an “F” if not completed, although in this case the course (s) may be repeated if approved by the process outlined in Repeated Courses.